Thursday, June 01, 2006

Purrls of Wisdom

Hi! My name is Peeper, and I will be doing today's post for Annie, who is busy this morning cleaning the shelter. I am a very large, beautiful (if I do say so myself!) black and white kitty and I am approximately two years old. I have been living at Purr-Angels since I was six months old!

This morning, I couldn't help overhearing Annie grumbling while cleaning our boxes ... something about an article that she had read somewhere on the Web. Now, this is strange, because I have studied many spider webs in my time and I have never noticed anything written there.

However, I digress.

Apparently, Annie saw on the Web that someone made a comment that if an animal hasn't been adopted within six months of being rescued, then they should be put down because they never will be! The article said it has something to do with economics. Hmmph! Annie said, what does the writer think Rescue is, anyway? Wall Street??? Finding the purr-fect love match between an animal and a human being can take months...even years! Rescue is a commitment of both time AND love! There are a lot of us here who have been at Purr-Angels for as long as three years. Some of us have been badly abused in our former lives and it takes time for us to learn to trust again. Others are shy, or considered too old, or have special needs, such as diabetes and other ailments.

Annie says you can't put a time limit on things like that! When that special someone finally walks in the door, for them and their special animal, the clock is magically rolled back and for everyone involved it is Day One all over again.

If everyone would just open up their hearts ... Plus spay and neuter their pets! ... there would be room for us all! It's never too late! So never give up, and never lose hope!

Well, those are my Purrls of Wisdom for today...that, and Beware of Spider Webs! You just can't believe everything you read!

I must go now and help Annie chase dust bunnies! I don't know where she puts them when she catches them, but if you are interested, please contact us ... most likely, knowing Annie, they are up for Adoption and can be seen scampering around the bookcases in the office.